Would you like to complete your Master’s degree in research at a reputable, well-regarded Dutch university? Would you prefer to receive a scholarship for it? If so, you can apply to the University of Amsterdam’s Faculty of Science for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
The scholarship initiative has excellent advantages, and Research School Directors choose the recipients. Every year, the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is given out, and it has assisted students worldwide in realising their academic goals.
The laureate of the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship will receive an award of about €26,250 for their first academic year. What do you think? It is extensible in the long run. But to get what it extended, the esteemed University of Amsterdam had some educational requirements that needed to be satisfied.
Applicants must understand that the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is not fully funded, even with this lovely gift. The beneficiaries of this scholarship will be required to contribute to the university’s budget with certain fees. The recipients of this honour are, in short, those who pay their tuition.
The University of Amsterdam is a reputable institution in Amsterdam, Netherlands, that was founded in 1632. It is a public research university and one of the oldest universities in the nation and the world. There are more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Amsterdam.
Synopsis of the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
The host country for scholarships: Netherlands
University of Amsterdam, the host university for the scholarship
Research Masters level of scholarship study
Number of scholarships: Restricted
Type of support for scholarships: Partial funding
Scholarship amount: 26.250 euros
International students are eligible.
Deadline to apply for scholarships: January 15, 2024
Amsterdam Merit Scholarship Requirements for Eligibility
• You cannot be a citizen of Switzerland or any of the EU/EEA member states.
• You must be ineligible for assistance under the Dutch study loan and grant programme.
• You must not be able to afford the University of Amsterdam’s reduced tuition rate for EEA students.
• You cannot be a full scholarship recipient while enrolled in Amsterdam courses.
• You have to have applied to one of the Master’s programmes in its entirety.
• You have to be the first person to be offered admission to one of the Amsterdam Master’s programmes, or you will be offered admission.
Willingness to comply with requirements to receive a Dutch visa (if applicable)
• Your last academic programme completion must have occurred over three years ago.
Benefits of the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship
The selected candidates will get € 26,250 to help with some of their educational expenses. The prize may be increased in the future.
Procedures for Applications
When submitting your Master’s application, you must indicate your interest in the scholarship.
• Explain in your motivation letter why you should be awarded the scholarship.
• Your motivation letter needs to have a strong hook.
• Fill out the application by visiting the link below.
This esteemed fellowship will only be awarded to candidates with stellar academic records and exceptional financial need. The programme participant will get € 26,250 to help with some of their schooling costs.