The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is available to deserving students from around the globe who wish to study for their master’s degrees in the Netherlands.
International students with outstanding academic records who select the esteemed Leiden University as their preferred institution for the 2024–2025 academic year will be recognised with an Excellence Scholarship.
Please take note that only Masters students are eligible for this curriculum. Students in another category can search for scholarships that match their qualifications by visiting the university’s official website.
The following faculties are eligible for this programme: Humanities, Archaeology, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Law, Science, African Studies Centre, and International Institute for Asian Studies.
A portion of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship is supported. Therefore, prospective international students must be prepared to cover some of their tuition costs to be considered for this renowned scholarship.
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is a university located in the Netherlands. It’s a university for public research. With approximately 32,000 domestic and international students, the university currently provides undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programmes.
Synopsis of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
Netherlands, the host nation for scholarships
Sponsor of the scholarship programme: Leiden University.
The host institution for scholarships: Leiden University
Scholarship financing kind: Tuition
Study level for scholarships: Master’s programmes
Number of scholarships: Not provided
Student eligibility: Foreign Students
Deadline to apply for scholarships: February 1, 2024
Benefits of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
The tuition fee for the international students chosen to receive this scholarship award ranges from €10,000 to €15,000.
Scholarship for Excellence at Leiden University Qualification Requirements
• Your nation must be one of the ones that qualifies for this scholarship.
• You need to have earned an outstanding grade in your bachelor’s degree.
• You have to be among your group’s top pupils. Your grades in school will decide this.
• To apply to Leiden’s full-time programmes, you must do so.
• You can’t have any past criminal activity.
Guidelines for Applications
• Interested parties should apply to Leiden University’s master’s programmes.
• Applicants ought to express their desire to receive the scholarship.
• Applicants must provide the university with their motivation letter as specified.
• All applications must be submitted by the deadline.
There is partial funding for this programme. It just pays for the chosen pupils’ tuition. Due to the nature of the grant, applicants must be enrolled in classes and pay for their tuition.
SEE OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS: