A number of exceptional overseas students who choose to use the famous LION Scholarship to continue their further study at the esteemed Dutch university will be welcomed to Leiden University.
The LION Scholarship program, which is sponsored by the Den Adel Fund for Experimental Physics and the Lorentz Fund for Theoretical Physics, has allowed numerous international students to attend Leiden University.
10% of overseas students accepted into Leiden’s Master’s degree programs each year get encouragement through this scholarship program in recognition of their outstanding academic performance at their prior institutions.
The most exceptional first-year applicants get the €6,000 LION Scholarship prize. If the recipients meet the academic standards for renewal, they will always be eligible to receive the prize each year.
William, Prince of Orange, founded Leiden University in 1575 in Leiden, Netherlands. This public research institution enrolls 30,000 students from both domestic and foreign countries.
Almost all academic programs are offered in Leiden. With more than fifty topic departments and six academic faculties, it is home to more than forty national and international research institutes. Among the oldest in the Netherlands is the university.
Overview of the Leiden University LION Scholarship
• Holland is the host country for scholarships.
• University hosting the scholarship: Leiden University
• Scholarship study level: Masters
• Type of scholarship funding: Partial financing
• International students receiving scholarships
• Number of scholarships: Several
• The scholarship is worth €6,000.
• February 1, 2024, is the deadline for scholarship applications.
Leiden University’s LION Scholarship Requirements
• Applicants for this scholarship program may not be Dutch nationals.
• Candidates must be working toward a master’s degree.
• In order to pursue a full-time program, applicants must be admitted.
• Candidates need to have demonstrated exceptional academic success.
Benefits of the LION Scholarship at Leiden University
The most exceptional applicants will be given the opportunity to receive the scholarship. Every eligible applicant will earn at least € 6000 in their first year of the award, and they have the option to renew it later.
Application Materials for the Leiden University LION Scholarship
• Completed application form
• Reference Letter
• Motivation Letter
• Degree certificate and transcript
Application Requirements for the Leiden University LION Scholarship
The deadline for submitting all necessary paperwork and applications is February 1, 2024. Only those who submit their applications by the deadline will be given consideration for the scholarship.
Leiden University administers the LION Scholarship. It is available to all non-Dutch students who fulfill the requirements and is fully funded.