Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program 2022/23
The Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program in the United States of America is now accepting applications for the 2022/23 academic session.
It is funded by the US Department of State and administered by IREX.
The scholarship program aims at fostering economic growth, stability, and democratic development by equipping a network of youth with essential skills to lead positive change in their professional fields and communities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): United States Department of State
Scholarship Type: Not specified
Host Institution(s): Institutions in USA
Scholarship Worth: See Scholarship benefits (below)
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program 2022 | DETAILS
The grant gives US colleges and universities the chance to host international undergraduates. For this reason, host institutions benefit greatly from the contributions of international students.
These students not only provide educational institutions with a wide range of viewpoints but also cultivate intercultural understanding and cooperation.
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from student’s home city to host institution in the United States
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- A small allowance for incidentals
- A limited allowance for books
- A limited allowance for cultural enrichment activities
- Alumni networking opportunities
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be an international student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Be admitted for the program at an eligible institution of higher learning in the United States of America.
- Be willing to perform at least 20 hours of community service in their host community during their first semester.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program 2022 are to complete an online application and submit all application materials by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: March 4, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST.