Ku Leuven, an institution for research and education with international appeal that ranks among the best universities in Europe when it comes to research is inviting suitable and qualified candidates to apply for the 2022-2023 Science@Leuven Masters scholarships.
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship
From Renaissance philosophy to cutting-edge nanotechnology: as one of Europe’s oldest universities, KU Leuven boasts a long tradition of ground-breaking research and high-quality education. KU Leuven is dedicated to education and research in nearly all fields.
Host Country: Belgium
Study Abroad: Study in Europe
Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: Full Scholarships | €10,000
Deadline: February 15, 2022
Motivated and talented international students interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven are invited to apply for a scholarship.
For the following masters you can apply for the Scholarship :
- Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Master of Biology
- Master of Chemistry
- Master of Geography
- Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialization Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship. Students applying for the other specialisations (enrollment at Ghent University) will not be considered for the scholarship.)
- Master of Mathematics
- Master of Physics
- Master of Statiscs and Data Science
Students applying for the QASS-programme of the Master of Statistics are excluded from the Science@Leuven Scholarship, since this programme requires a master diploma.
To be considered for these Scholarships, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students passionate about advancing their careers at Ku Leuven, Belgium.
- Applicants must have applied for an eligible Master’s programme before applying for the scholarship.
- The Applicant must have a high standard of academic performance and potential. The applicant has a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.5 out of 4.0.
- The applicant must have a good knowledge and command of the language of instruction of the Master’s programme, regardless of the minimum scores required by the Master’s programme to include a minimum overall score of 7 on the IELTS; a minimum total score of 94 on the TOEFL; a similar result of another official language test recognised by the Ku Leuven.
- Applicants must possess previous qualifications from educational institutions.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The Board of the Science@Leuven Fund will decide exactly how much a scholarship will be. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
If a student is awarded the full scholarship of 10.000 Euro, it is still advisable to bring some extra money. Here you can find an overview of living costs in Belgium .
Most master programmes of the Faculty of Science are two-year programmes. The scholarship for the second master year will only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- A letter of motivation for the programme.
Method of Application
Follow the steps below to apply for Ku Leuven International Masters Scholarships to study in Belgium;
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained.
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description for the courses from your previous/current programme that you deem most relevant as a preparation for the master programme. Describe the courses according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, take a screen shpt of the message and upload it when you register at Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.