Marquette University in the United States welcomes applications for the Global Scholar award for Undergraduate candidates in the 2022/23 academic year.
For years, thousands of scholars have gone through Marquette’s halls and classrooms, seeking to attain academic excellence and a spiritual footing to last a lifetime.
Marquette was established in the rich tradition of the Society of Jesus, a Catholic religious order established in 1540 by St. Ignatius Loyola. The university is named after Rev. Jacques Marquette, S.J. (1637-75), a French missionary and explorer in North America.
Based on Department of Education College Scorecard data, Marquette University was ranked the 6th best college nationally and the best college in Wisconsin for job placement, according to rankings released by Zippia.com.
The rankings of all undergraduate degree-granting higher education institutions were based on job placement numbers 10 years after graduation.
At Marquette, we understand that a college education is a significant investment for our students and their families and requires sacrifices for many of them.
Knowing where your money goes and how the university operates is paramount to understanding the true value of your Marquette education.
As you voyage through your four years with the university and beyond, know that they acknowledge the great responsibility they have to assist shape and transforming the lives of their scholars at this great Catholic, Jesuit institution, and they are devoted to providing them all with a transformational education embedded in excellence.
High-impact learning experiences contribute to truly transformational education, including opportunities for study abroad, research with faculty as an undergraduate, participation in living/learning communities, service learning, internships, and capstone experiences.
Marquette students have many such opportunities available during their academic careers — below is a sampling of their participation rate. Furthermore, Marquette has the biggest number of student groups of any of the 27 Jesuit schools (300+) and the lowest student activity fee (at $30 each semester).
The Global Scholar award acknowledges the significance of diverse world views and foreign viewpoints within the Marquette University community.
This competitive award offers full tuition based on a student’s high academic achievement, demonstrated interest in global perspectives, and the student potential for providing significant global contributions to the Marquette community.
The scholarship is renewable each year of the recipient’s four-year (eight-semester) undergraduate program, provided that the student remains in good academic standing.
Global Scholars are required to start and contribute to international engagement undertakings within the campus and Milwaukee communities every year of the award.
Worth of Global Scholar Award
- Full tuition
Eligibility for Global Scholar Award at Marquette University
- It is granted yearly to up to three talented freshmen foreign candidates who will first enroll in the fall semester.
- High school senior who will enter Marquette as a freshman (first-year)
- Minimum 3.25 GPA (on an unweighted 4.0 scale) in all college-preparatory courses
- Demonstrated leadership in curricular and extracurricular activities
- A foreign candidate who will enroll with non-immigrant F-1 visa standing
- Candidates in all academic disciplines will be given consideration.
How to Apply for Global Scholar Award at Marquette University
- Apply for admission into Marquette ( You must submit all application materials for admission to Marquette University before the March 1 Global Scholar deadline).
- Required materials:
- Global Scholar application
- Essay: Marquette’s motto is Be the Difference. Explain how you have made a difference in your community. As a Global Scholar, how will you use these experiences to make a difference at Marquette and around the world? (300-500 words)
- One letter of recommendation: We suggest that the recommendation letter explains your experience with an interest in global issues
- School activities list or resume
- Submit your application and all materials/attachments together using the online application form
- Final applicants may be required to take part in a video or phone interview.
Deadline: The deadline for the receipt of applications for the Global Scholar Award is February 1, 2022.