You are interested in pursuing an education in Canada. Good news! Entrance International Scholarships is currently ongoing application. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia Canada is offered for Bachelor’s degree in the field of all subjects offered at the University. The scholarship is provided by Acadia University to the students who have enrolled themselves for an undergraduate or graduate program at the University.
Acadia University is a mainly undergraduate university located in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada with some graduate programs at the master’s level and one at the doctoral level. The authorizing legislation comprises of Acadia University Act and the Amended Acadia University Act 2000.
The Wolfville Campus accommodates Acadia University Archives and the Acadia University Art Gallery. Acadia University also offers more than 200 degree combinations in the Faculties of Arts, Pure and Applied Science, Professional Studies, and Theology. The student-faculty ratio is 15:1 and the average class size is 28.
Acadia University started as an extension of Horton Academy (1828), which was established in Horton, Nova Scotia, by Baptists from Nova Scotia and Queen’s College (1838). The college was later named Acadia College. Acadia University was established at Wolfville, Nova Scotia in 1838. It also has a strong Baptist religious affiliation.
It was designed to prepare men for the ministry and to supply education for lay members. The two main Universities of the day in Nova Scotia were heavily controlled by denominational structures. King’s College (University of King’s College) was an Anglican school and Dalhousie University, which was originally non-denominational, had placed itself under the control and direction of the Church of Scotland.
However, it was the failure of Dalhousie to appoint a prominent Baptist pastor and scholar, Edmund Crawley, to the Chair of Classics, as had been expected, that really push into the lead of Baptist thinking the need for a college founded and run by the Baptists.
The Nova Scotia Baptist Education Society established Queen’s College (named for Queen Victoria) in 1838. The college started with 21 students in January 1839. The name ‘Queen’s College’ was denied to the Baptist school, so it was retitled ‘Acadia College’ in 1841, in recommendation to the history of the area as an Acadian settlement.
In 1843, Acadia College awarded its first degrees and became Acadia University in 1891. It was founded by the Acadia University Act.
Acadia was ranked fifth in the publication’s ‘primarily undergraduate’ Canadian university category in Maclean’s 2022 Guide to Canadian University. However, in the same year, the publication ranked Acadia 30th, in its reputation rankings.
The university has more than 15 research centers and 6 research chairs. Undergraduate scholars have the opportunity to take part in many research opportunities in a small university setting. Acadia University’s research programs search coastal environments, ethno-cultural diversity, social justice, environmental monitoring and climate change, organizational relationships, data mining, the impact of digital technologies, and lifestyle choices contributing to health and wellness.
The university’s research centers also include the Tidal Energy Institute, the Acadia Institute for Data Analytics, and the Beaubassin Field Station. This scholarship is open to all nationals.
Worth of Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia University
- All successful candidates of Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia University will receive awards towards tuition fees from the University.
- The value of this scholarship is Partial Funding and Educational fund.
Eligibility for Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia University
- To be qualified for these scholarship, each applicant of Entrance International Scholarships must have an offer letter from Acadia University for an undergraduate program
- Applicants applying for Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia University can be both domestic or international students.
- To be eligible for these scholarship, you must excel in the admission requirements set by the University.
How to Apply for Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia University
- To apply for these scholarship, visit the official website
- Candidates are expected to provide all the necessary admission documentation.
- If you’re accepted to the university, you will be sent a letter of offer and informed if you’re eligible for scholarships.
- You should complete the scholarship application by the application deadline.
- Your application will be used to determine which scholarships you can receive.
- Please note that the Local and Specialized Scholarships need separate application forms.
Application Deadline for Entrance International Scholarships at Acadia University
The application deadline for these scholarship is March 1, 2022.
Official Website: Click here