Deutsches Museum Scholarship is a completely covered scholarship for foreign students from countries all over the world. Deutsches Museum Scholarship is offered to both postdoctoral and pre-doctoral researchers. Deutsches Museum Scholarship provides € 30,000 allowance annually.
Deutsches Museum Scholarship Program welcomes applications from foreign scholars who aim to work for 6 – 12 months on science and technology projects at Deutsches Museum Germany. Deutsches Museum Scholarship program is interdisciplinary in scope. Scholarship recipients will possess their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to provisionally reside in subsidized museum complex flats.
The Deutsches Museum in Munich , Germany encompasses numerous attractive scholarships to offer research academics interested in working for 6 or 12 months on projects concerning the museum`s enormous and heterogeneous collections. The scholarship program is international and interdisciplinary in scope.
There are countless opportunities at the Deutsches Museum for groundbreaking research into scientific developments and the changing cultures of technology. The museum was founded in 1903, and comprises some 100,000 objects; an archive of 4,500 shelf meters as well as a broad collection of scientific photographs, practical illustrations, trade literature and private papers; and an expert research library containing 875,000 volumes, 5,000 journals, and a broad collection of rare books on the history of science and technology.
The museum’s collections have progressed over the years, engrossing the instruments, books and archives of specific scientists and engineers along with companies and scientific establishments, and reflect bygone experimental systems and cultures of innovation. The distinctive structure of this collection empowers scholars to develop groundbreaking cross-disciplinary techniques of research on the basis of texts, images and artifacts accessible on site and to engage in both the historical and archaeological exploration of science and technology.
Candidates are welcomed to propose their projects surrounding the collections of the Museum and to collaborate closely with museum employee on site when framing their research proposals. Projects comprising groundbreaking approaches to artifact-oriented research are particularly welcome.
- Study Level: Postdoctoral and Pre-doctoral research
- Institution(s): Deutsches Museum
- Country: Munich, Germany
- Area of Study: Candidates are welcome to use the collections of the Deutsches Museum to plan their projects and to collaborate closely with museum employee on ground when formulating their research proposals. Projects comprising inventive approaches to artifact-oriented research are particularly welcome.
- Duration of Program: 6 or 12 Months.
- Deadline: October 15th, 2021
See Other Scholarships Opportunities Here
- University of Liverpool Scholarships in UK 2021
- University of Stirling Scholarship in UK 2021/2022
- University of Brighton Scholarships in UK 2022
- University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships – Canada
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarship in USA 2021
Benefits of Deutsches Museum Scholarship
Deutsches Museum Scholarship provides beneficiaries the benefits itemized below:
- Pre-doctoral allowance: € 15,000 (full year).
- Post-doctoral allowance: € 30,000 (full year).
Eligibility for Deutsches Museum Scholarship
To be eligible for Deutsches Museum Scholarship, candidates must satisfy the requirements below:
- Required Language: German and English
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world.
- The candidate must have minimum of one university degree (Master or PhD).
- The candidate must be able to read German – a requirement for the application (passive language skills).
- The candidates are expected to make their own provisions for health insurance.
How to Apply for Deutsches Museum Scholarship
To apply for Deutsches Museum Scholarship, follow the application guidelines below:
(1) The following documents are mandatory:
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Description of project (3 to 5 pages).
- 2 confidential references (can be sent directly by the referees).
(2) Forward the documents and the finished application to the address below:
Coordinator of the Research Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239