Applying For Student Loans to Study in U.S.

Are you interested in studying in the United States? Student Loans to Study can allow you to realize your ambition of studying in the United States. in particular for students from other countries.

It is possible to have an easy time of it if you have the money to do so. A loan to study abroad may be an option for people who are unable to pay US tuition fees and other costs at the same time.

You may be wary of taking out a loan due to the possibility of defaulting on the debt. But don’t let that put you off.

You should know that there are loan alternatives in the United States that provide a comfortable repayment option and give you a number of years to return the debt after you have graduated and acquired a job.

Finding a lender ready to lend money to international students is a major difficulty they frequently face. They hold the opinion that lending money to a foreign student who is only visiting the country is a bad decision.

One of the most common difficulties faced by overseas students is securing a loan from a lender. For whatever reason, they don’t think it’s a good idea to give money to a foreign student who is just visiting the country for a short time.

Meanwhile, a good option for international students is to simply obtain a loan from the government. The federal loans are there for foreign students with a certain type of non citizens status and there is a need for you to possess a cosigner before you can access the loan. 

Eligibility for non citizens 
You must meet the following requirements before you can apply without a cosigner:
1. Be a US citizen 

2. A U.S  permanent resident with a green card.

3. People who have an Arrival/Departure Record from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services showing the following statuses: refugee; asylum granted; Cuban-Haitian Entrant; Conditional Entrant issued before April 1, 1980; or parolee.

4. Applicants who hold a T nonimmigrant status, or whose parents do.

Application with a cosigner:
Before you can apply with a cosigner, you must have a valid student Visa with a cosigner who is a US citizen or a permanent resident with good credit. When you are able to get a cosigner with at least a 690 credit score, you already stand a better chance to get a private loan with a favorable interest rate. 
If you couldn’t get a cosigner, you should consider private student loans offered to foreign students with no cosigner. 

There are some private loan firms that offer international students this option and they include:
1. Sallie Mae
2. Ascent 
3. Citizens Bank
4. College Ave
5. CommonBond
6. Discover 
7. Earnest 
8. Funding U
9. Department of Education 
It is necessary you compare the features of different loan options, know about their interest rates, and get to know the ones that are suitable for you. Also, find out their repayment plan and note if the lender will help postpone payment should in case you have difficulty paying them. 
Get to know what late repayment clauses are attached and finally ensure that they have a several contact options for easy reach.