The 2023 Gates Scholarship in the USA is a fully funded scholarship and it is highly competitive. The scholarship program was founded by both Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, it is named after the philanthropist and American businessman. The scholarship is open to sound and promising students from who hailed from low-income backgrounds.
The scholarship is described by the sponsors and many as “a life-changing opportunity”. Since the scholarship was founded, it has supported more than 5,000 students from all over the World. The scholarship is considered as one of the most sought after scholarships, and has been listed as one of the top five scholarships in the whole world. The Gates Scholarship is great opportunity for promising students and has helped the lives of many individuals from all over the world.
The Bill Gates Scholarship offers recipients tuition fee, room and board, books and supplies, transportation, and other educational expenses. The scholarship program is available to the following students demonstrated financial need and academic excellence:
• American Indian/Alaska Native
• Asian & Pacific Islander American
• Hispanic American
The Gates Scholarship has been to support thousands of minority students in pursuing their dreams. In addition to the financial support, the Gates Scholarship also provides mentorship and leadership development opportunities for the selected students.
Annually, Gates offers 300 outstanding students its fully funded scholarship for them to maximize their potentials. The scholarship also offers variety of undergraduate programs to students who wants to pursue their higher education in university or college in the US. Studying in the US comes with lots of educational expenses, this why you should consider applying for the Gates Scholarship to subdue the financial burden.
Summary of Bill Gates Scholarships:
• Country: United States
• Sponsor: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
• Total No. Scholarship: 300
• Program: Undergraduate Scholarship
• Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
• Closing Date: September 15, 2022
Gates Scholarship Perks:
• It provides 100% tuition fees
• It provides health insurance
• It provides accommodation allowance
• Transportation costs
• It provides books
Gates Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
• High School Senior
• You must be either an Asian & Pacific Islander American, African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, and/or Hispanic American
• You must a US citizen, national, or permanent resident
• You must possess a good academic status with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent).
• You must plan to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program.
Supporting Documents for Gates Scholarships:
• Provide AT or ACT scores
• A financial information
• Provide your academic transcripts
• A Cumulative GPA
• An extracurricular information
• Your Letter of Recommendation
How to Apply?
• Applicant should create an MYTGS profile on the Gates Scholarship application portal.
• Applicant should familiarize self with the application phases.
• Start the scholarship application process after creating the TGS profile.
Make sure to submit the application with accurate information.
The Gates Scholarships are still among the best scholarships in the world. Once you are selected for the Gates scholarships, you won’t have to pay tuition fee, accommodation fee and other some educational expenses. Are these not great? These and many are the perks of the Gates Scholarships.