Women in Engineering Scholarships, University of Tasmania is awarding scholarships to female engineering students.
Also, international female students who are interested in pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering, or Marine and Offshore Engineering and some postgraduate specialization are eligible for a number of scholarships.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Tasmania, Australia
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Tasmania, Australia
Scholarship Type: Education Support Scholarships
Scholarship Worth: See Benefits (below)
Scholarship level: Undergraduate & Postgraduate
Subject Eligibility: Not Stated
Nationality: International students
BACKGROUND | Women in Engineering Scholarship
However, this is the best time in history for women to pursue interesting careers in one of the most lucrative and challenging engineering disciplines — maritime engineering.
The National Centre for Maritime Engineering and Hydrodynamics (NCMEH) at the Australian Maritime College (AMC) of the University of Tasmania is offering considerable scholarships to female engineering students in an effort to enhance female involvement in maritime engineering programs.
Eligibility Criteria, Women in Engineering Scholarships
- The scholarship is open to female students from other countries.
- Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering, Marine and Offshore Engineering, or the University’s Master of Engineering (Maritime Design) program are the only options for undergraduates.
- Some other considerations, such as community service and leadership characteristics will be taken into account.
- For the term of the scholarship, participants must maintain full-time enrollment (100 percent) in the approved course of study and obtain a minimum Pass (4.0/7.0) result in each unit.
- Applicants for admission to the University of Saskatchewan must demonstrate that they meet the university’s English language competency criteria.
The benefits of the University of Tasmania International Women in Maritime Engineering Scholarship are
- Recipients will receive one payment of $4,000 every semester ($8,000 in total) to be utilized toward educational fees for undergraduate students.
- All postgraduate students are eligible to receive a one-time payment of $4,000.
READ MORE: New Zealand Government Scholarship 2022
Students do not need to submit a separate scholarship application because their International Student Application automatically assesses them for the International Women in Maritime Engineering Scholarship.
Application Deadline: On-going