- Fully Funded
- USA Universities
- All Subjects
- International Students
TechGirls is a summer exchange program for young women from all over the world that aims to empower and encourage them to pursue careers in science and engineering.
Be a global changemaker in tech by becoming a TechGirl or inviting any #techgirls ages 15 – 17 to apply today!
Undergraduate or graduate school
The application process for the TechGirls 2022 Scholarship is now open, and students can apply to study at the diploma level at American universities.
TechGirls 2022 Scholarship application process is open.. is available to undertake Diploma level programs at USA Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
At its heart is a cooperation with Virginia Tech University that includes a 27-day trip to the United States for participants. TechGirls includes 40 hours of study at a Tech Camp with our partner, the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech, as well as skill-development courses and contacts with America’s most inventive tech professionals.
Participants in the TechGirls program gain a deeper understanding of the technology industry, as well as greater confidence in their ability to pursue careers in disciplines where women are underrepresented.
- Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
- East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
- Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
- South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
- United States of America
Eligibility Criteria: for TechGirls 2022 Scholarship
The application for 2022 will open on November 16, 2021 and close January 15, 2022.
Students that meet the following criteria can apply:
- Have citizenship or permanent residence in one of the following nations or territories:
- AF consists of Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Africa
- Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam make up the EAP region.
- Tunisia and the Palestinian Territories are part of the Middle East & North Africa (NEA)
Central and South Asia (SCA) In the Western Hemisphere (WHA), you’ll find these countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Eurasia and the continents of Europe (EUR) In addition to Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
America the Beautiful
Who, on July 7th, 2022, will be between the ages of 15 and 17;
- In their scholastic pursuits, they have shown advanced skills and a strong interest in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Aim for a profession in technology or higher education.
- Possess excellent command of the English language.
- Show maturity, adaptability, and a willingness to learn.
- When they return to their country of origin, they plan to complete at least one more semester of high school as well as a community service assignment.
- Applicants with little or no prior experience in the United States will be given preference. If you have been to the United States within the last three years as part of another ECA exchange program, you are ineligible for this opportunity.
Members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff’s families should be aware of this. The US Department of State, its employees, and their families, as well as those of its partners, are ineligible to apply.
People from all walks of life, including those with impairments, are encouraged to apply to TechGirls.
TechGirls 2022 Scholarship Selection Process
Participants for TechGirls are chosen based on their compliance with the following eligibility standards.. Applications are reviewed by selection committees comprising of industry leaders and regional specialists. Semifinalists are interviewed by US Embassy staff in your place of permanent residence.
Applicants from the United States are encouraged to check out the US Youth Ambassadors page.