Seek your studies in the Netherlands. Satisfactory notification! Leiden University Excellence
The scholarship is presently available. And in this article, we will elucidate in detail this scholarship
The program, its advantages, and the stage-by-the-stage application procedure.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023-2024 is a tuition fee masters scholarship for
multinational learners. This scholarship offers an average amount of € 15,000 every year.
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship requests applications from multinational pupils to seek
master’s degrees at Leiden University Netherlands. These scholarships are fully financed and
granted to bright learners.
The number and kind of afford the writing(script) depend on the budget accessible for everyone
Faculty department. Leiden University was founded in 1575 and is one of Europe’s leading
international research universities.
Also Apply : Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
The motto of the University is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom. It has seven
faculties in the sciences, arts, and social sciences spread over locations in Leiden and The
Hague. The University has over six thousand and seven hundred members and twenty-eight
thousand hundred and thirty learners.
Scholarship Succinct Description
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Leiden University
- Study Country: Netherlands
- Courses Offered: All Masters programs in the subsequent Faculties: Humanities, Archaeology,
Medicine/LUMC, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Governance, and Global Affairs,
Science, Interfacultair Centrum voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing
(ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- Program Duration: The utmost study duration for one year program is a year. The maximum
study duration for a 24 months year program is two years.
- Application Ending Date: 1st of February for programs commencing 1st of Sept / 1st of Oct for
programs commencing 1st of February
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS) provides the recipient with the following
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee subtracted us the statutory tuition fee
Also, apply for Harvard University MBA Scholarship and get financial aid amounting to
US$95,000 towards tuition fees.
Eligibility Standard for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
To be eligible Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS), the recipient has to completely
fulfill all of the subsequent prerequisites below:
- Mandated Language: English
- Qualified Countries: Non-EU/EEA transnational scholar
- In prior academic education, the student must have achieved excellent study results which are
relevant to the which within which candidates ‘wishes to register. As an inkling, the learner will
be among the top 10% for the applicable program pursued abroad.
- Scholars must have succeeded with excellent study outcomes in their previous academics, this
being appropriate to the Master’s program for which they are applying. As an inkling, the student
is among the top 10% of graduates in his or her last study program. Remark: evidence of rating
is not needed – this news is purely to demonstrate the level of competitiveness.
- The learner will have a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be qualified for sponsorship under the
The Dutch system of study grants and loans “Studiefinanciering”. For more information please go to:
www.duo.nl. This does not apply to the Advanced Masters, application for the LExS for this
program is available to all ethnicities.
- Continuance of the LExS is not assured when a learner switches his or her degree program
during the study program. Offer will be researched case by case and the final judgment will be
accepted by the Faculty Selection Committee(s). In case the change is before the scholar has
enlisted for the study program, the LExS scholarship will be rescinded and the candidate will
have to re-apply for the scholarship.
- The LExS is solely accurate for the time the learner is enrolled at Leiden University as a
full-time learner within the time frame of the study program.
- A LExS awarded for the educational year as stipulated in the decision letter cannot be moved to
another educational year or the following intake within the same educational year. In case a
learner has been granted a LExS for the September (or February) intake and chooses to
postpone his or her participation in the study program, the LExS will be rescinded. Offer will be
checked case by case and the conclusive judgment will be accepted by the Faculty Selection
- The pupil is not allowed to accept any supplementary full scholarship for the same program,
other than in the case of partial scholarships, where this has to be verified in the script in advance.
The scholar should inform Leiden University if another full scholarship such as the Netherlands
Fellowship Program, Jean Monnet, etc. have been awarded and which scholarship has been
- For a program lasting more than twelve months, the pupil needed to accept a minimum of 60
ECTS in the first year of study to maintain the freedom to LExS for the subsequent educational
year. In circumstances where there is any apprehension as to the number of ECTS criteria for
sufficient advancement and the time and method in which improvement will be estimated will be
established by the Leiden University Selection Committee.
- A learner is allowed to present several applications for scholarships at one time. Nevertheless, it
is not possible to incorporate scholarships that are offered or financed by Leiden University. This
pertains to the subsequent scholarship programs: Orange Tulip – China and CEU Praesidium
Libertatis. Furthermore, it is not feasible to merge the LExS with scholarships that are offered in
a bilateral agreement with academic institutions, or any different scholarship which might be
offered or financed by Leiden University shortly
- The learner has to comply with Dutch visa regulations.
- The LExS will not be granted to learners who are admitted to a second Master’s program at
Leiden University excestudentsnts applying for a Master’s program for which a stipulated
previous Master’s program or work experience is required.
- Leiden University should be informed as shortly as possible of any change in ethnicity, type of
home permit, and/or feasible “Studiefinanciering” support, throughout the educational year.
- If the scholar discontinues the study prematurely, any offers for repayment of tuition fees will be
made to Leiden University analogs to the “Regeling inschrijving, college- en examen-geld” for
the relevant educational year. The learner should present the de-registration form to Leiden
University. If relevant, the scholar will thereafter receive a repayment of the tuition fee less the
scholarship on a pro-rata basis.
- During the study at Leiden University, the student will take an enthusiastic part in activities to
The learner has to accept the granted LExS scholarship by filling out the ‘Acceptance Form
Also Check: Horatio Alger Scholarship 2023 USA
How to Apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship?
Please follow the below instructions to avail this Leiden University Excellence Scholarship:
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and reimburse(pay) the
application payment if relevant.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, demonstrate that you want to apply for a
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as advised in your online application. This is a Word doc of
maximum five hundred words, in which you clarify why you would like to be deemed for the
- Submit your online application, including your LExS application, before the LExS application
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each,
demonstrate this apparently in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
To know more about Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS), please visit the official
Official Website of LexS scholarship