Government RTP Scholarships: The University of Sydney in Australia is accepting Government RTP Scholarship applications from international students.
Any of the three annual scholarships can be taken. We encourage students to apply for the Australian Government RTP Postgraduate Research Scholarships at the University of Sydney.
Postgraduate students from outside of the United States are eligible for funds from the Australian government totaling up to $124,000 through the Research Training Program (RTP).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Sydney, Australia
Scholarship Slots: Several.
Scholarship Worth: $35,629 per annum
Number of Awards: Not Stated.
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Eligibility Criteria for Government RTP Scholarships at University of Sydney
- An outstanding academic record and a strong research potential are required to be eligible for admission to the University of Sydney’s postgraduate research program
- Master’s degree or PhD presently in progress
- Or an unconditional offer of admission.
Note: Research Training Program Scholarships will be given top attention to applicants who are pursuing their first PhD degree.
Scholarship Value and Benefits for Government RTP Scholarships
The RTP scholarships from the government are worth $35,629 per year. The RTP International Scholarship helps students pay for OSHC, tuition, and living expenses.
READ MORE: Netherlands Student Scholarships 2023
- Scholarships for RTP stipends are given out in November, February, and June. To be considered in the relevant award timelines, you must submit all needed documentation for your entrance application, as well as evidence of Research Experience (if applicable).
- Students can apply here if they are currently enrolled.
- When applying for a postgraduate research degree, students should check the option to be considered for research scholarships when filling out the admission application.
- Please see the materials for applicants for more information on the selection criteria, process, and any further documentation that may be necessary.
Application Timeline: See application and award timelines in the table (below);
|Commencing research period||Submission deadline*||Offers received from|
|Research periods 1 and 2, 2022||30 September 2021||30 November 2021|
|Research periods 3 and 4, 2022||30 November 2021||9 February 2022|
|Research periods 1 and 2, 2023||30 September 2022||1 December 2022|