Distinction Awards in USA: Scholar with distinction in academia. The University of South Carolina in the United States is awarding scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year only to high school graduates who are seeking financial aid for college.
They utilize the money to lower the cost of a non-resident undergraduate program at USC.
There will be careful consideration given to all applicants who meet the minimum GPA and ACT/SAT criteria Additionally, there will be a stipend of $500.
At No. 18, the University of South Carolina is one of the nation’s best public research universities.
Its principal goal is to educate the residents of the state through teaching, research, creative activity, and community involvement.
Exactly what is the aim of attending South Carolina’s College of Charleston? Students at the University of South Carolina benefit from a variety of workshops, one-on-one consultations, and other services to help them discover and realize their career and personal objectives.
Brief Description of Distinction Awards in USA
- University or Organization: University of South Carolina
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $500 and Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
Distinction Awards in USA:: Eligibility
International and domestic students from all countries are welcome to apply.
Non-resident undergraduate programs offered by USC are eligible for application.
The following are the requirements for participation:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be considered:
Candidates must have applied and been accepted into a non-resident undergraduate program at the University of Southern California.
An average SAT score of 1379 (ACT score of 31) and an average weighted high school GPA of 4.17 are required for applicants.
Students must submit their applications by the deadline of October 15, 2022, to be considered.
How to Apply for Distinction Awards in USA
To apply, students must go to the university’s application online or the Common Application portal and fill out all of the relevant information. Applicants will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The following are the supporting documents:
- The institution expects students to provide the following documents to them:
- Accreditation records from prior educational institutions
- Documents verifying one’s financial status
- Take a Photocopy of Your Passport
- Admissions Requirements for the Essay:
- To be considered, students must have taken the ACT or SAT and achieved a score of at least 1379 on the ACT or 31 on the SAT.
- Students are required to submit scores on the following English language proficiency examinations to demonstrate their competency:
IBT score of 77
TOEFL iBT 550
6.5 on the IELTS, a PTE of 53.
All four-year undergraduate students will receive a $500 scholarship and a decrease in tuition from South Carolina State University.