Chevening Scholarships: It should be a time of joy for all international students who want to study for a master’s degree at a UK institution. With the help of Chevening Scholarships, international students can pursue a one-year master’s degree at any university in the United Kingdom.
They are actual scholarships. If you’re interested, learn more about the Chevening scholarships that are available to you, the requirements, and the application process.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office established the Chevening Scholarships program in 1983.
It is an international scholarship program. It gives students from all around the world the choice to pursue a master’s degree at any university in the UK.
This program has allowed over 50,000 professional scholars from all around the world to study in the UK, and you may be one of them.
Chevening Scholarships have helped people advance their professions, change countless communities, broaden and deepen their perspectives, and build cross-continental bridges.
Nevertheless, if the Chevening master’s degree scholarship award appeals to you, this page will give you all the information you need to apply and be eligible for the scholarship.
Now all you need to do is carefully review each component to make sure you know what is required of you to be considered for the award.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Chevening Scholarship?
Outstanding international students who want to pursue a one-year master’s degree in the UK are given Chevening Scholarships. If you have ambition, leadership qualities, and a desire to affect positive change to build a better future, the Chevening Scholarship is for you.
To be eligible to apply for a Chevening scholarship, a student must meet the inclusion requirements and other requirements.
No consideration is given to factors like gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, or parental status.
However, what counts is your capacity to show that you can succeed in a demanding master’s program in the United Kingdom.
Also, you have a distinct vision for both your future and the future of your company or nation.
An applicant for a Chevening Scholarship must:
- Possess nationality from a Chevening-eligible nation or region.
- For a least two years after your award has finished, go back to your home country.
- By the time you submit your application, you must have finished all requirements for an undergraduate degree that will allow you to enroll in a postgraduate program at a UK university. In the UK, this is often equivalent to a 2:1 upper-class honors degree.
- Two years at least of job experience
- Apply to three separate qualified UK university courses, and one of your top selections has made you an unconditional offer.
- Satisfy the English language requirement for Chevening.
A Tier 4 student visa is required to enroll in academic programs at UK universities. Learn how to submit a UK student visa application .
Areas of study
A full-time Master’s Degree in any subject is available through the Chevening Scholarships at any UK university. Courses must be in your area of study to qualify for a Chevening Scholarship. One of the most important aspects of your Chevening application is selecting the appropriate courses at the appropriate UK universities.
Your Chevening application needs to mention three courses that qualify for a Chevening Scholarship. You must independently apply to the university that offers the course. Any suitable master’s degree program at a UK university can be found using the course finding tool.
Additionally, you can use the course finder tool to determine which master’s degrees are acceptable at each UK university.
Packages for Chevening Scholarships
- Tuition for higher education
- A monthly allowance
- Traveling expenses both ways
- An allowance for arrival
- Allowance for returning home
- One visa application’s fee
- A Travel award to take part in Chevening activities in the UK
Chevening Application Guidelines
The Chevening Scholarships program is quite competitive. You must meticulously prepare for each step of the procedure in order to offer yourself the best chance of being chosen for an interview and ultimately receiving a scholarship.
Here are some useful hints and pointers for structuring your application because preparation is crucial to increasing your chances of getting a fully funded Chevening Scholarship.
Learn about Chevening’s objective and your motivations for joining the network to start. You need to be able to show interviewers how valuable and beneficial you are to the Chevening network. Continue to read.
Second, be prepared for your interview will improve your chances of being awarded a Chevening Scholarship. Common mistakes that must be avoided when preparing Chevening applications are made by the majority of applicants. The following are the top three (3) most frequent:
- Being overly humble: Although boasting about oneself may feel fantastic, you must be careful not to overstate your accomplishments. Similarly, don’t downplay your accomplishments on your application; you don’t want the interviewer to believe you’re bragging. Describe how your ability to lead and collaborate with others helped you succeed.
- Not being clear about your goals: Chevening wants to know your future goals and how the scholarship will help you achieve them. Giving as much information as you can about your goals demonstrates to your examiners that you’re serious about the career path you’ve selected and that you’ll be able to make the most of the scholarship if one is granted.
- Excluding instances: It is simple to persuade an interviewer that you have positive qualities, but to succeed in a Chevening interview, you must show that you do. You make sure that your arguments are backed up with credible proof. The interviewers will be much more impressed. You won’t be one of them if you don’t stay away from these mistakes. Continue to read
Thirdly, highlight achievements that helped you acquire new skills required to achieve your longer-term objectives of bringing about positive change in your own country.
Create a practical plan to accomplish your goals and improve your nation. Continue to read.
Furthermore, be careful to select the appropriate courses when supplying a Chevening Award. You can select one of three master’s programs through Chevening.
It is possible to use three distinct courses from the same institution or three connected courses from up to three different universities. Continue to read.
Lastly, reference checks are a part of the Chevening selection procedure. Your application requires the names of two referees, which you must include. You will be required to submit two references to the online application if your application moves on to the next stage.
Procedure for Applying
Applications for Chevening Awards must be submitted electronically through the Chevening application portal.
The system will be used during the application and selection processes, and you may need to log back in at various points to submit documents or get application status updates.
Your country’s page will direct you to the Chevening online application system by clicking the Apply button.
Visit the page for your country on the official website for further instructions on how to apply for Chevening scholarships.
You can use the following tips and recommendations when using the online application system:
- For the best experience, use the Google Chrome web browser whenever possible. Instead of using a smartphone or tablet, we recommend using a laptop or PC.
- Fill out your application in a window that is the full size. This will make the application form easier to read in its intended format.
- Don’t use your browser’s back and forward buttons. You will lose any unsaved work and be logged out of the system as a result. Use the form’s options to navigate through the application form’s pages.
- Keep your login information close at hand. By doing this, logging back into the web application takes less time.
- Enter the data precisely, especially your contact details. Use a real email address only, please. Please update this if it changes after you’ve submitted your application if you don’t want to miss any important updates. Make sure your second email address is valid and different from your first by double-checking.
- The application form can be long, so you might want to prepare your responses in advance and then enter them later using the web form. Just be sure to remove the question first to prevent confusion! If you’re using a shared computer, like one at an internet café, this is very crucial.
- The form does not have to be finished in one sitting. Save your login information and password by selecting “Logout” in the upper right corner of the screen so you can finish your application later. Additionally, an email will contain a URL that will allow you to access your application.
- Eliminate plagiarism. The reading committee, an independent group that conducts the initial examination of all qualified applications received, will not evaluate your application if you use text from other sources to respond to the application questions. Because of this, you should carefully review your responses to make sure they are unique and not plagiarized from other sources.
- All submissions must be sent in English. Any application submitted in a language other than English is ineligible.
- Check to make sure the files you intend to send are the appropriate size and format. JPG, PNG, and PDF files must not exceed 5 MB in size to be accepted by the online system. Please limit the length of file names to 50 characters or less.
- Only submit your application when you are completely satisfied with it. Click “Submit” once you have finished your application. Please be aware that once you’ve completed this, you won’t be able to make any changes to your application other than to update your contact information and upload supporting documents. Please give yourself enough time to submit your best application because we expect a large number of submissions.
- Remember that we will only accept the first application you submit; you may submit no more than one. You will be required to justify your choice before your withdrawal from the process is finalized. If you choose to withdraw your application, you won’t be able to do so again until the application process for the following year starts.
Beginning with the application deadline and finishing when candidates are conditionally selected for an award, the selection process for Chevening Scholars typically lasts at least eight months. This overview of the application and selection process will help you stay informed at all times.
Applications Are Now Available
Applications for Chevening scholarships normally go on in August and end in November.
Learn the proper interview techniques.