The following Research Training Program is a scholarship provided by the Australian Government and administrated by individual, partner universities including the University of New South Wales.
This program aims to provide offer financial support to students from all over the world, including domestic students, undertaking Research Doctorate or Research Masters degrees, known as HDRs at an Australian higher education provider.
Master degree duration:
- The RTP scholarships has a maximum duration of two years for the master of research. However, the duration of the scholarship is prolonged to two years and six months, due to the impacts of the covid-19 pandemic.
Doctorate degree duration:
- The RTP scholarships has a minimum duration of three years are for a research doctorate degree, and a maximum duration of four years. However, the duration of the scholarship is prolonged to four years and six months, due to the impacts of the covid-19 pandemic.
The provided scholarship covers one or more of the following:
- Tuition fees offset.
- Stipend for general living costs.
- Allowances related to the extra cost of research degrees.
Eligibility requirements for applying for a Higher Research Degree at the University of New South Wales:
- Applicants should provide English language proficiency evidence that proves they meet the minimum English language requirements of UNSW, whether if they are domestic or foreign students.
- All applicants must complete the GTE & Financial Declaration Form and, if required, submit evidence of their ability to financially support their selves and fund all living costs, fees, and other associated costs for the duration of their studies.
- If the applicant is an international student, he/she will have to prove that he/she is a Genuine Temporary Entrant, either through self-funding, applying for a UNSW Research Scholarship, an alternative scholarship, or an external sponsorship.
- Applicants must consider whether they need to contact a supervisor or undertake an EOI.
- Some faculties or programs may have additional eligibility requirements.
- Research Training Program scholarships are granted to domestic and international students who are enrolled in a Higher Research Degree course at an Australian higher education provider.
- Applicants must be full-time students.
How to apply:
The application for this scholarship differs from a university to another, and it’s the universities that are responsible for the application and selection process for the Research Training Program scholarship.
As for the University of New South Wales, applicants must simply indicate that they would like to be considered for a University of new south wales scholarship on their application for admission to a program.
- Master and Postgraduate Scholarships by Italian Government 2021
- UTS Bachelor of Information Technology Cooperative Scholarship 2021 (Fully-funded)
- University of British Columbia Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship 2021/22
- Ivey Business School Fully Funded MBA – Canada
- International Graduate Commitment Scholarships – USA